Bruker D8 DISCOVERY X-ray diffractometer/reflectometer
with the following options
- Grazing incidence diffraction
- Wide temperature range cell from 80 up to 1873 K for diffraction, up to 1100 K for reflectivity
- 1D position densitive VANTEC detector
It is used for the investigation of
- The crystalline structure of materials in bulk, powder or film form
- Phase formation
- In-situ kinetic studies of phase transformations
- Micro-stress determination
- Grain size determination of nano-structured materials <500 µm)
- Layered structure (density, thickness, roughness) of films and multilayers
Kratky small angle X-ray scattering camera
It is used for the investigation of inhomogeneities in a matrix having sizes between 1 and 100 nm.
A Cu Kα X-ray beam is used in transmission mode in vacuum. The scattered beam is detected at low angles by 1D position sensitive detector.